Saturday, October 2, 2010

River of Green

Other than Da Lat, the other city we went to is Nha Trang, which is also meant River of green. The journey from Da Lat to Nha Trang took more than 3 hours. During the journey, my motion sickness started! This is because the whole trip, the bus is just turning around and around up the mountain. However, during the journey, we do see much beautiful scenery.
Finally we had reached the city of Nha Trang. The hotel we are staying in, isn’t great compared to the first hotel. It really made me miss our hostel! The condition there isn’t good. Some others had also met with ghostly experience. Our first stop we had in Nha Trang is the Long San Pagoda. This is a Buddhist temple. There is a giant Buddha statue on the top, and we need to conquer 153steps till we reached there. Initially, I did not want to go up, thinking that it will be very tiring. However, in the end, I still went up. It isn’t as tiring as what I think and not really that far.

Our next stop will be Ponagar Cham Towers. This is a Hindu temple. The structure is so strong even though after so many years. There are also many burns seen, as it is said that the building never use concrete, they just put the bricks together and burn it to let it together.

Our last stop of the day is the Dam Market. However, because of the bad weather, time given to shop there is very little. A few walk around the place, and time's up. However, it's ok, because I find kinda similar with the markets we had went before. The stuffs they sell are around the same. That's why I won't really feel disappointed about not getting to walk finish. Saying about markets, oh, I miss Ben Thanh, hope to go back there soon!
For the second day at Nha Trang, today is a ‘’sea day’’. Took a local boat from Cau Da Wharf to Hon Mun Island. We visited Tri Nguyen Aquarium. From what I think, there isn’t much difference from the aquarium in Sentosa. After that, we headed out into the sea for snorkeling. However, not all went down, and I am one of them. I am disappointed with myself, because I cannot go downL Hence, I can only enjoy by seeing others in the sea. They can even see the underwater world, while I can just stay on the boat to see the view. After that, we headed to another small island to have our lunch. Having to eat beside the sea , is such a nice experience. However, I sat at a place where there is a lot of fly. Oh no!

Supposingly, we are going to Vinpearl, amusement park, however, because of the bad weather. It was canceled. Last stop of the day is XQ Nha Trang embroidery shop. There are many art pieces in there, and are made using embroidery. One word to say is talented. There is a shop selling their stuffs. However, it was really expensive. We can buy a similar stuff in Ben Thanh market much cheaper. I guess it’s the price you had to pay if you want a more good quality.

We spend the rest of the day in the hotel. For the both night there, we went for manicure, pedicure and foot massage. Nha Trang seems to be more of a tourist site. We see many foreigners over there and many restaurant selling Italian/western food etc.

For the whole 5day tour, our breakfast, lunch and dinner is all included, which is really good. When we are back in our hostel . We had to be all dependent on ourselves again. Having to eat the same old things, and most of the time the food are unhealthy like KFC and instant noodles. Of course, not only the meal that I remember. I will remember the fun we had at Dalat and Nhatrang.

No comments:

Post a Comment